PLEASE READ THIS LOT CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU BOOK
(there is no fine print anywhere else)
Our acceptance of your booking will be conditional on your acceptance of these conditions. Any waiver is at the sole discretion of the owners. Mumbles reserves the right to refuse bookings for any reason.
bookings & payments
A deposit equivalent to the first night's accommodation will secure your booking, however bookings made for long weekends must be pre-paid in full 14 days before check-in. On-line bookings are taken via Beds24's secure site and require credit card information for deposit processing by us (Beds24 do not take payments). Guests wishing to pay by other means are invited to contact us by phone to make alternative arrangements. The balance of your accommodation cost is payable on arrival (or prior to your arrival, if you request a late check-in); we accept Visa and Mastercard.
In addition, a security deposit of $250 is required as a "pre-authorisation" on your credit card at check-in. You may forfeit all or part of this security deposit if:
- You smoke in the apartments.
- You introduce soap, bubble bath, massage oil or other contaminants to the hot tub spa.
- You fail to clean dishes or the barbeque plate, or leave the apartment in an unacceptable condition.
- You cause damage to the apartment or property (including, but not limited to staining, scratching, excessive soiling or other damage to floor coverings, upholstery and fabrics).
- You cause injury, loss or escape of livestock.
- You remove property.
The amount of any deduction will be calculated at cost of cleanup ($30 per hour), repair or replacement.
arrival & departure
Check-in time is from 3pm to 9pm, and check-out time is up to 11am.
cancellations & refunds
A processing fee of $25 will be charged for all cancellations. Your accommodation charges will be refunded if you cancel more than 14 days before your intended arrival. If you cancel within 14 days you will be refunded only the portion of your stay which is able to be re-booked.
Your booking payment is not refundable:
- If you don't show up (balance of booking subject to cancellation if we don't hear from you).
- If your check-in is declined because you arrive with pet(s), do not tender the security deposit, or otherwise contravene these booking conditions.
Accommodation charges are not refundable if you arrive late, leave early, or reduce the number of guests.
minors and children
We do not accept bookings for minors unaccompanied by a parent or adult guardian. Children are welcome at Mumbles; there are a few caveats, though:
- They need to be appropriately supervised to avoid disturbance to other guests. Please note that we do not provide child minding, or activities for children.
- There are unfenced dams on the property, so it is safer if they can swim.
- Our accommodation is not really suitable for toddlers as "Tea-Tree" has open stairs and "Paperbark" is designated for couples only, under the terms of our Council approval for the spa.
No pets; no exceptions. This is because we like animals, and wouldn't want your holiday to end in tears because your pet swallowed a fox bait. The Department of Parks and Wildlife conduct regular aerial baiting for fox and feral cat control in forests adjacent to Mumbles. Alpacas can also kill foxes and dogs.
We also value our stock, which is likely to be spooked by dogs however harmless, our birdlife, which is unused to cats, and our food premises licence, which prohibits animals in the alfresco dining area adjacent to the apartments.
Not your average sheep >>
These little beauties will grow some of the finest wool in the country, made into designer clothes by fashion houses in Australia and abroad.
Mumbles is a non-smoking establishment and no smoking is permitted in the apartments at any time.
We enjoy our peace and quiet and our guests generally come here for the same thing. Guests indulging in noisy, antisocial or illegal behaviour will comply with any directive to desist, or to vacate the premises.